Rewriting Marathon History... Breaking Records with Salesforce
Creation of an event organization and execution platform to manage all aspects of an event.
SCC EVENTS GmbH is one of the major international organizers of sports events. Its portfolio ranges from major events in demand worldwide, such as the BMW BERLIN MARATHON or the GENERALI BERLIN HALF MARATHON, to traditional New Year's Eve or cross-country runs with a regional character. The almost 20 events count nearly 200,000 participants annually. In addition, SCC EVENTS offers service packages and services in the sports and health segment tailored to the needs of companies, individuals and groups.
Organizing and managing such mammoth events is a big challenge, as each event runs under its own name, branding and website. In addition, the event usually has multiple disciplines (wheelchair, inline skating, running, etc.) and competitions (based on gender, age, etc.) with specific rules that must be followed to be recognized by national and international sports organizations.
SCC wanted to fully digitalize and network the organization and handling of event management, participant management, helper management and visitor management with the aim of significantly increasing efficiency and developing new services for sponsors, participants, helpers and fans.
- Digitization and networking of event management organization and processing
- Digitization and networking of participant management
- Digitization and networking of helper management
- Digitization and networking of visitor management
- Efficiency increase
- Development of new services for sponsors, participants, helpers and fans
- Organization of event management & participant management with external service provider
- Visitor management, helper management with outdated system and in Excel formats
- no central platform for data management
- Secure planning and control of all events in a central tool / data centralization
- Platform as single source of truth with reliable data quality
- Absolute transparency - all participants have the same level of information at all times and in all places
- Barrier-free collaboration and communication possible
- Scaling to further large events is possible without any problems
For the planning and implementation of all SCC events, a comprehensive application was developed based on the Salesforce platform that covers all processes for sponsors, participants, helpers, logistics, sales, marketing and service. Based on the Salesforce Experience Cloud, portals were created in which participants and helpers can register and through which all communication and implementation is handled. The Marketing Cloud and its components were used to map seamless automated marketing processes and campaigns.
- Salesforce Lightning CRM
- Salesforce Service Cloud
- Salesforce Experience Cloud
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Campaign and Agency Services
- Salesforce Datorama
- Salesforce Advertising Studio
- Salesforce Social Studio
- Digital Engagement
- Einstein Analytics, Tableau
- Connection to travel booking systems
- Connection to time recording systems in sports
- Connection to payment providers
A platform for organizing and executing events was created to manage all aspects of an event. Salesforce is the company's core platform. Without exception, all data is connected and visible on one platform, which significantly increases productivity and makes workflows more efficient.
3 months after going live
- 15,000 event registrations in the first 48 hours after opening registration for the 2021 Berlin Half Marathon.
- 700 volunteer registrations in the first 24 hours after the launch of the volunteer club.
- Monthly peak of 1,000,000 page views.
- Better brand placement as all events are held in the same community under the umbrella company name (SCC).
Participant ManagementIn less than a year, the company took ownership of the core of its business (subscriber management) to reduce its reliance on external vendors. Owning the entire process improved the customer experience by providing a customer-centric view and breaking down data silos.
1,500 volunteers have registered with the Volunteer Club since its launch. For the first time, volunteers have access to their own data anytime, anywhere. Volunteer coordinators can manage shifts online. Improved customer service response times.
- Improved customer service response times.
- Einstein Data Insights helps them identify the best performers based on metrics.